Sunday, February 19, 2006

Progress of boat building on New Year's Day



And today I shall quote from Count Hermann Keyserling who came to Benares shortly before World War 1. He says: "Benares is holy. Europe, having grown superficial, hardly understands
such truths anymore....I feel nearer here than I have ever done to the heart of thw world; here I feel everyday as if soon, perhaps even today, I would receive the grace of supreme revelation....The atmosphere of devotion which hangs above the river is improbable in its strength: stronger than in any church that I have ever visited. Every would-be Christian priest would do well to sacrifice a year of his theological studies in order to spend this time on the Ganges: here he would discover what piety means."

And a couple of sketches from the beginning of this year.

Love and light,

Prash

No comments: